Job Title: Systems Engineer Senior-3918
Job Location: JBAB, Washington DC, 20032
Galapagos Federal Systems LLC is looking for an enthusiastic, well-qualified individual to fill the Senior Systems Engineer position and to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals.
This position's main responsibilities are to work within a cohesive engineering team to design and implement computer systems, software, and networks.
This candidate will handle supporting the design, production, and testing of a space system. The systems engineer ensures that computer systems function efficiently and securely to support the company and project's information technology needs to increase the probability of system success, reduce risk, and reduce total life cycle cost. Leveraging specific aspects of customer concerns, requirements and positions, the candidate will help manage the systems engineering and test planning and processes while supplying technical expertise, continuity of effort and value-added judgment to advise customers and work within a team construct.
The top candidate will promote a positive public image and control the dissemination of information on our company's behalf.
Skills / Experience Required
Education / Certifications
- 4 + years experiences working in a similar role with professional experience in a related engineering discipline
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience managing systems engineering, test, and risk processes
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience working space system acquisition and/or space system development
- Demonstrated experience delivering professional products and reports
- Ability to write, communicate, and present to all levels of leadership and internal team
- Be exceptionally driven and possessive of a demonstrated reputation for providing high-quality work
- This position requires successful completion of a background check and employment verification
- Understand and track system developer's system engineering processes
- Identify, plan for, and handle cost, schedule, and performance risks and opportunities
- Develop a comprehensive test plan for all aspects of the system in close coordination with system stakeholders and user community
- Communicate recommendations clearly with program manager and up through senior Department leadership, using verbal and written presentation material
- Work with relatively low levels of oversight
- Ability to drive actions to closure with a focus on capability delivery
- Communicates with staff or clients to understand specific system requirements.
- Coordinates system development tasks to include designing and implementing computer systems, software and networks including defining complex system requirements, determining system specifications, and processes and working parameters.
- Performs systems integration and formal testing to ensure hardware and software are compatible and capable of required performance metrics.
- Oversees all transitions into production.
- Develops and completes actions in system specifications, technical and logistical requirements, and other disciplines.
- Creates and maintains programmatic and technical documentation to insure efficient planning and execution.
- Manages and documents system configurations.
- Domain knowledge to enable the delivery of systems engineering and integration offerings for large complex projects.
- Conducts analysis and presents briefings to top management and senior leadership to include findings, analysis, and recommended solutions for complex real-world problems where required solutions are often needed in short time frames and are urgent in nature.
- Provides analytical support and subject matter expert (SME) evaluation of programs aimed at enhancing warfighter capabilities and data exchanges at the tactical, theater, and strategic levels.
- Provides engineering and technical advice as well as integration of new and innovative technologies into existing or proposed programs while accounting for complexities of integrating between multiple classification levels.
- Supports project management and program development as well as execution and evaluation of cost, performance, schedule, and risks throughout program execution.
- Continuously evaluates technologies at various readiness levels to assess if they should be included in existing or future projects.
- Preparation and presentation of briefings to senior management and their staff or visiting personnel and aiding in the development and management of project management plans, project execution plans and project proposals to support special capabilities development and cross-domain integration.
- Provides prompt and exact special capability and program support to ensure high level deadlines and taskers are met and answered.
- Supports Research and Development (R&D) projects by investigating new technical capabilities that can be used in support of warfighter operations and integration; provide guidance to capability providers in the apportionment/de-apportionment processes and supported package coordination; act as the operational focal point, as well as the process SME for matters relating to integration of special capabilities and new capability development.
- Provides project plans, phasing, and outlines of desired objectives to execute a phased program as fast as possible while still meeting objectives, milestones, and providing both technical and programmatic leadership support throughout the program.
- Supports development of new projects by supporting development, testing and analysis of efforts for air, space, and cyberspace projects to include coordination of efforts across multiple government agencies and classification levels including other critical mission partners to introduce and evaluate the utility of AF and IC collection integration capabilities.
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science / IT, or a related discipline
- Master's degree is preferred in related discipline
- DoD 8140 Certificate Regulations:
- A+ CE
Must be a U.S. Citizen. A high-level Department of Defense (DoD) active security clearance may be required. Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to government information. Physical Requirements
Work may involve sitting or standing for extended periods of time and typing and reading from a computer screen. Must have enough mobility, including bending, reaching, and kneeling, to complete daily duties in a prompt and efficient manner and may include lifting thirty (30) pounds, as necessary. Company Summary
Headquartered in Hawaii, Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an SBA Certified NHO (Native Hawaiian Organization) 8(a) Small Business specializing in global information technology and offering professional solutions in IT Design & Installation, Cybersecurity Engineering & Support, Application Integration & Development, Software & Hardware Engineering, Network & Systems Management, Information Systems Security, and Business Management Services.
Leveraging over 30 years of providing IT services to the federal & commercial market with projects found around the world, our team has innovative expertise in the development of a wide range of technological solutions. Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
Our service commitment is simple - "Quality IT Solutions... On Time & On Budget." Company Employment Statement
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC reserves the right to change or modify job duties and assignments at any time. The above job description is not all encompassing as positions, functions, and qualifications may vary depending on business needs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Galapagos Federal Systems, LLC is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against applicants based on race, color, creed, religion, medical condition, legally protected genetic information, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical condition), sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, age, disability, or Vietnam era, or other eligible veteran status or legally protected characteristics.
This job has expired.