The Nebraska Department of Transportation (NDOT) has an exciting opportunity for a hard-working, self-motivated, people-loving recruiter to identify and hire talent for a wide variety of career opportunities located at our State Headquarters / Central Complex in Lincoln.
Our ideal candidate is someone who enjoys connecting with people and is passionate about finding the right talent to support our culture of purpose, growth, and community. In this role, you will work toward attracting the best talent out there, scouting potential candidates through various channels, and building promising talent pipelines for future growth. You will be a strategic partner to the hiring managers in our 16 Divisions, building strong relationships with them as you learn their business and assist them in hiring the most qualified teammates for a variety of roles. You'll also enjoy building relationships with valued partners at colleges, universities, and nonprofit organizations as well as building awareness of our career opportunities through social media marketing campaigns.
At the Nebraska Department of Transportation, we reward your hard work with a friendly and supportive work environment and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
• State-matched retirement contribution of 156%
• 13 paid holidays
• Generous leave accruals that begin immediately
• A culture that embraces work-life balance
• Tuition reimbursement program
• Dependent tuition reimbursement program with partnering Nebraska community colleges
• Public Service Loan Forgiveness Program (PSLF) through the Federal government
• 79% employer-paid health insurance plans
• Dental and vision insurance plans
• Wide variety and availability of career advancement as the largest and most diverse employer in the State
• Opportunity to be part of meaningful work and make a difference through public service
• Training and development based on your career aspirations
• Job security and stability, even during times of economic hardship
Pay range for this position is $19.657 - $30.786/hour based upon experience. Pay rate may be commensurate with education and/or experience within fiscal constraints, if approved.
Please reach out to Todd Ludwig, Talent Acquisition Manager, at 402-480-1946, if you have questions or to learn more.
Interested? Apply today using our quick apply process! Simply download your resume at the beginning of the process to fill in the required information. Please remember to attach your resume again, one more time, at the end of the process before submitting your application. Thank you!
Examples of Work
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
• Manage full life cycle recruiting across multiple functions.
• Partner with hiring managers to craft job advertisements and develop screening criteria and interview questions.
• Creatively source top-notch candidates via multiple channels while creating and maintaining a great candidate experience.
• Research and identify innovative advertising platforms.
• Screen applications/resumes and interview candidates.
• Extend offers of employment and write offer letters.
• Actively communicate with candidates.
• Develop a strong network to build talent pipelines for various positions that accommodate current and future business demands.
• Work with local high schools, colleges, professional organizations, and other stakeholders to conduct outreach and promote NDOT and its various career opportunities.
• Ensure the integrity of the recruitment process.
• Stay informed of industry trends and innovative recruitment techniques, while striving for continuous improvement.
• Lead special projects.
• Collaborate, support, and partner with fellow Talent Acquisition Partners and HR Business Partner team.
• Build strong and enduring relationships, mentor hiring managers, and implement best practices.
Qualifications / Requirements
REQUIREMENTS: Two years of coursework or training in personnel management, business administration, public administration or office/administrative or three years of related experience.
• Prior recruitment, marketing, and or sales experience.
• Experience advertising content via multiple social media platforms.
• Proven experience providing outstanding customer service in a fast-paced environment.
• Valid driver's license or the ability to provide independent authorized transportation.
• Occasional overnight travel may be required.
• Regular and reliable attendance is also required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
• Outstanding verbal and written communication skills, with a high attention to detail and a collaborative nature.
• Strong mentality for continuous improvement, exceeding internal customer expectations and providing outstanding customer service.
• Strong organizational and time management skills.
• Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Ability to influence outcomes effectively.
• Ability to build and leverage enduring relationships.
NDOT encourages applicants of all ages and experience.
*By registering with our site, you agree to our