This job has expired.
Make an impact with SGS! With more than 97,000 employees and 2,600 offices and laboratories across the world,SGS is a silent force working hard behind the scenes to deliver quality and integrity to businesses across nine industries. As the world's leader in providing inspection, verification, testing and certification services, Forbes ranked the SGS Group as one of the world's top multinationals and one of the world's most innovative companies. The Dow Jones Sustainability Index has also recognized the SGS Group for its sustainability processes. In North America, SGS employs over 5,000 team members across serveral locations
SGS strives to be the testing leader in the pharmaceutical, biopharmaceutical and medical device industries. Each employee must approach their job as an ongoing commitment to quality testing and customer service in order for the company to succeed. This means fulfilling commitments in both of the following key result areas:
• Our Customers . We want to help our customers deliver safe and successful health care products to the public. We do this by providing responsive, cost-effective testing services that combine outstanding technical quality, top-notch regulatory compliance, and outstanding attention to the specialized needs of our customers. All SGS staff are expected to make customer service their top priority. This means that each employee is expected to do whatever is practical to meet our customers' needs, even if this exceeds the specific responsibilities listed in their job description.
• Our People . We consider our people to be our greatest asset, and we provide employees with a work environment that fosters teamwork, growth, flexibility, and innovation. Our strong commitment to teamwork ultimately translates into long-term trust and reliability for our customers.
JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Perform analytical studies on biologics utilizing primarily, but not solely, high resolution LCMS in a fast-paced leading Contract Research Organization.
• Oversee team of mass spectrometry scientists
• Perform various tasks in support of laboratory operation and maintenance.
• Supervision of Biologics Mass Spectrometry Team, including scheduling of projects and client interface.
• Operate and maintain laboratory instrumentation required for cGMP analyses.
• Perform MS analyses of biologics. These studies include, but not limited to, protein Molecular weight analysis, peptide mapping, protein sequencing,post-translational modifications qualitative and quantitative analyses, and glycan structural analysis using primarily but not solely high resolution mass spectrometry.
• Prepare chemical solutions and perform detailed and complex analytical procedures (e.g., digestions, purifications, buffer exchanges etc.) following SOP's and established test Protocols.
• Write and review reports, protocols, and any documentation in relation with the performance of the work.
• Provide Technical input and support LSS West Chester Customer Service Team whenever required.
• Work closely with Quality Assurance to meet all necessary regulatory requirements.
• Develop and mentor members of team.
• Be an active member of the Technical Leadership for US Biologics
"In the course of employment, you will be required to travel to and/or work at a client site. The company requires employees to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to travel commercially and many clients require visitors performing work at their locations to be vaccinated. Therefore, this role requires a candidate who is fully vaccinated or will be prior to an anticipated start date. The successful candidate will be required to provide proof of having received a COVID-19 vaccination.
The company will provide a reasonable accommodation upon request after an offer is extended."
A minimum PhD level scientist with minimum 5 years of experience in Protein mass spectrometry in the pharmaceutical industry..
1+ years supervisory experience.
• Have strong hands-on experience with UPLC and high resolution mass spectrometry applied to protein characterization, e.g. antibodies and/or therapeutic proteins.
• Expertise with de novo protein sequencing (manual and software-assisted data interpretation).
• Industry cGMP experience a plus.
• Supervisory experience a plus.
• Be highly motivated, independent, and interactive.
• Effectively collaborate with colleagues, both internal and external.
• Demonstrate professional oral and written communication skills.
• Be highly organized and capable of multitasking to meet required deadlines.
• Have ability to focus on critical tasks, give proper attention to detail.