Position/Title: Tech Lead / Senior PostgreSQL Developer - REMOTE
** Note: Must have a strong background developing applications in Postgre SQL. Any experience in Yellowbrick datawarehouse products would be a nice perk.
Location: 100% Remote (anywhere in the US)
Utilize knowledge of systems hardware and software to create custom solutions. Work closely with business analysts, customers, developers and programmers and guide high-level decisions throughout the design process.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Work with Business Analysts to gather functional requirements at a system level
- Work with Business Analysts to determine project scope at a system level
- Design and implement hardware systems and software applications
- Develop solutions for systems, databases, user interfaces, and web services
- Conceptualize software systems to address particular needs for end-users
- Pitch project proposals to departments, management, or clients
- Provide training about new programs to end-users
- Collaborate with programmers and developers to determine project scope and direction
- Decide on the platforms and coding standards to be used in project development
- Evaluate existing software solutions to identify areas for improvement
- Create modifications for existing software to upgrade performance
- Conduct testing to ensure optimal functionality
- Debug any errors or issues that arise
- Ensure architectural integrity of software solutions
- Determine project timelines and complete work to deadlines
- Assign tasks to members of the development team
- Conduct cost analysis to ensure projects remain within budget
- Maintain thorough documentation of systems and applications
- Mentor, encourage, and motivate team members
- Oversee approaches from conception to installation
- Document solutions
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Bachelor Degree or in-lieu of degree equivalent education, training and work-related experience
- 5+ years developing PostgreSQL applications
- Experience as a Technical Lead (not people leader)
- Superior interpersonal communication skills
- Clear and coherent written communication, including visual representations of data
- Knowledge of Waterfall and Agile development methodologies
- Extensive understanding of development styles and design patterns
- Familiarity with several coding and computer languages
- Experience with database design and data modeling
- Background in service oriented architecture (SOA)
- Understanding of software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint)
- Bachelor Degree in computer science, software engineering or a related field
- Experience with Yellobrick datawarehouse is a plus
- Previous experience within the insurance industry
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.