As a member of our Underwriting Support team, the Technical Assistant will assist commercial underwriters with the processing of new and existing customer service requests, as well as with the maintenance of accurate customer information records. In this role, you will provide support for the underwriting assistants, as well as process and rate multi-state new and renewal business, quotes, issues, and endorsements. Your Technical Assistant underwriting experience will be used to maintain accurate records, documentation, and process paperwork in a timely manner and work with brokers, agents and insureds on accounts of a complex level.
- Maintain rating manuals and regularly update the changes to programs, rates, underwriting guidelines, standard procedures and any additional logs as assigned by the rating Supervisor.
- Perform a wide range of rating responsibilities including manual preparation of new and renewal policies, audits and endorsements for computer input.
- Review applications and issue commercial line policies.
- Interpret WC loss runs and break down Medical Only and Lost Time claims in order to analyze the risks and exposures of an account.
- Obtain current information from Underwriter and Underwriting Assistant to rate and issue policies, endorsements, and quotations.
- Demonstrate commitment to Company's Code of Business Conduct and Ethics, and apply knowledge of compliance policies and procedures, standards and laws applicable to job responsibilities in the performance of work.
This job has expired.
- High School Diploma or GED Required
- Minimum five years in rating multi-state policies and commercial insurance underwriting support experience, large accounts work experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of all commercial line coverages, endorsements, rules and regulations is preferred.
- Strong organizational skills and ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks is essential.
- Ability to make sound independent judgments will be needed.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Excellent customer service skills and solid verbal and written communications skills are essential.
- Ability to interpret WC loss runs and break down Medical Only and Lost Time claims in order to analyze the risks and exposures of an account.