Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
020583 Technical Manager (Open)
Manages quality systems, champions product development and is the technical resource for the plant. Implements and leads a strategic plan for quality and testing, providing appropriate recommendations in process and technology. Champions a safe workplace, particularly as it relates to hazard communication. Ensures colleagues and suppliers are using chemicals safely and efficiently. Participates in operational excellence, capital expenditures, and Lean activities and investigates continuous improvement and synergy opportunities
Education and Experience
- Champions a safe and healthy workplace, particularly in the area of Hazard Communication. Conducts training and audits and ensures safe chemical use. Manages and maintains all chemical applications and leads the chemical team.
- Liaises with all chemical suppliers for the safe and efficient use of process and product chemistries. Coordinates trials for new products, tracks supplier continuous improvement initiatives (including cost control efforts), and approves and tracks all chemical spending and savings.
- Provides engineering and technical advice and serves as a liaison between the Sales, Technical Services, and Production departments.
- Manages plant quality systems, ensures timely response to customer feedback and complaints, and identifies/aligns synergies for quality control.
- Oversees product trial processes by coordinating between production and sales. Monitors critical trials from beginning to end (includes scheduling, production, and customer acceptance).
- Participates in capital expenditures planning to ensure plant is properly equipped for future needs. Participates in operational excellence and lean activities (e.g., engagements, Kaizens, etc.) to help facilitate improvements.
- Participates in equipment improvement based on plant and industry needs. Investigates solutions for equipment upgrades and identifies improvement synergies.
- Manages all areas of quality issues and plant aspects of customer service, packaging, product development, and documentation.
- Supports plant environmental compliance by overseeing preparation of all required reports and data submissions.
- Provides leadership for continuous improvement projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Typically possesses a Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) and 6-8 years of relevant experience.
- Possesses a degree in chemical engineering and/or similar technical studies.
- Ability to work with testing equipment and maintain accurate documentation/records.
- Demonstrates excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Expertise in manufacturing best practices.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal skills.
- Possesses critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Six Sigma, Lean Manufacturing, or other Operational Excellence system experience is a plus.
- Prior knowledge of applicable federal, state and local regulations, and ISO 9000 standards is a plus.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.