Supports the Service & Technical Department toward achievement of its goals and objectives by providing pest and termite technical support for all business unit operations including branch, region, division, company owned international entries and all franchise operations. Assists in development of training programs and participates in scheduled field training meetings. Stays abreast of changes in the pest and termite control industry including new trends and technologies. Develops and field tests pest and termite control strategies and technologies in concert with product manufacturers and university efforts. Serves as media expert/contact person for technical-related inquiries and public relations opportunities.
- Provides expert technical information and support to all levels of the business unit including branch, region, division, corporate departments (National Accounts, Product Sales, Damage Claims, Legal, etc.) corporate U.S. franchises and international franchises.
- Develop and continuously challenge SOPs and protocols that exemplify the best approach to preventing or eliminating pest infestations that are mutually beneficial among the client, the company, and the environment.
- Troubleshoots and resolves unusual or difficult pest and/or termite situations for field operations personnel and other groups as appropriate.
- Assists in the development of training materials, programs; conducts training presentations to various groups.
- Evaluates, tests and assists in selection of pest and termite control products, equipment and technologies.
- Represents the business unit as spokesperson regarding entomology or technical issues for print, radio, television and other public relations opportunities; actively represents the company at pest and termite control conferences, EPA, AIB, ASPCRO and similar organizations.
- Conducts on-site sanitation, pest and/or termite control inspections and training programs for large commercial customers.
- Identifies arthropod and other specimens for the business unit branches, regions, divisions, Technical Specialists, and franchise operations.
- Assists the Commercial Division and National Accounts in development of service guidelines and protocols.
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Bachelor's of Science in Entomology from an accredited four-year university or college
- Accredited as a Board Certified Entomologist (BCE)
- 7-10 years of pest and termite control industry experience preferred
- Knowledge of laws, regulations, methods and techniques in pest and termite control
- Skill in writing and clearly communicating technical information and concepts
- Skill in public speaking to represent the company concerning entomology or technical issues for print, radio, television, conferences and other public relations opportunities
- Skill in effectively presenting information and responding to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, media and the general public
- Skill in developing and maintaining relationships with manufacturers, university research departments and pest control consultants
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations
- Skill in writing reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals
- Skill in creative thinking and problem solving
- Willingness to travel as needed
The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to perform the essential function to this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Incumbent must be prepared to:
- Move up to 10 pounds occasionally, by lifting, carrying, pushing, pulling, or otherwise repositioning objects.
- Sitting for long periods of time while using office equipment such as computers, phones and etc.
- Fingering and Repetitive motions; such as movement of wrists, hands and fingers while picking, pinching and typing during your normal working environment.
- Express or exchange ideas with others through the use of spoken word, quickly, accurately, and at an easily audible volume, and receive detailed information through oral communication at usual speaking levels without correction, and/or make fine discriminations in the nature of sounds in the environment.
- Must be able to operate a motor vehicle.
Incumbent is required to have:
- Close visual acuity to perform detail-oriented activities at distances close to the eyes, as well as visual acuity to perform activities at or within arm's reach with skill, control, and accuracy, such as preparing and analyzing data, viewing computer screen and expansive reading.
Incumbent will be subject to:
- Inside working conditions: The change of building environment such as with or without air conditioning and heating.
Terminix companies are proud to be EOE.
California residents click here to review your privacy rights. https://tinyurl.com/CA-NoticeDisclaimerThe above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by associates assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
This job has expired.