The Meta AR team focuses on delivering Meta's vision through Augmented Reality (AR). As a Technical Program Manager, your job will be figuring out what we need to do to build it and deliver it. You'll be a critical member of a multi-disciplinary team contributing to our efforts to gain a scientific understanding of haptics, human and machine perception, audio, input, optics, display technology and translating it into the ultimate AR experience for our users. Our product engineering team explores, develops and delivers new cutting-edge technologies into products. We are focused on integrating and launching new technologies from early concept to launch while iterating, prototyping and realizing the human value and new experiences they open up.As a Technical Program Manager for Electrical Engineering, you will play a key role in the integration of new cutting edge technologies to next gen programs. You will be defining and driving highly complex, cross-functional integration plans for new product introductions and you will guide the electrical engineering execution including planning of requirements, managing schedules, identifying and tracking risks and associated mitigations. You will be responsible for communication of program status and risk to program stakeholders. In this role, you will have a major impact on future products. You will establish requirements with internal and external customers, manage builds, part designs, component delivery schedules, identify risks and associated mitigation plans, as well as clearly communicate to program stakeholders. We look for Technical Program Managers who have a strong technical foundation and are natural motivators, cross-functional relationship builders, and champions for driving the right level of process to ensure smooth and predictable program execution in a fast-paced innovative environment.
Technical Program Manager, Electrical Engineering Responsibilities:
- Work closely with the Electrical Engineering team, driving and tracking the investigation, definition and delivery of next generation products.
- Create development, delivery and qualification schedules based on system requirements, technical challenges, lead times and business needs.
- Manage communication within and between internal engineering and external vendor teams.
- Assist engineering and sourcing teams with supplier evaluation and selection.
- Work with teams to set milestones, communicate program statuses and identify/ address potential setbacks.
- Drive engineering teams to bring technical issues to closures.
- Work cross-functionally to develop best practices and technology development processes in a quickly changing and dynamic environment to ensure on time delivery.
- Manage delivery of samples and mass production parts for the different builds.
- Organize required face to face on site meeting with vendors.
- Coordinate and contribute to engineering deliverables, including specifications, design options, and test plans.
- Ensure program documents are complete, current and available for staff and leadership review.
- Contribute to resource planning to ensure program success.
- Up to 20% travel domestically and internationally based on program needs.
- BS in Engineering field, or equivalent experience.
- 7+ years experience as a Program Manager managing hardware Electrical Engineering programs from concept to mass production.
- Experience with phase gate approach to technology development projects.
- Experience with component and module qualification, validation and characterization processes.
- Knowledge of program issue/ bug tracking and risk management.
- Communication experience and experience working with technical teams.
- Problem solving and organizational experience.
- Experience building relationships and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Experience with system integration and/ or managing complex system builds.
- Experience managing consumer electronic device hardware programs.
Meta is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law. Meta participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations, as required by law. Please note that Meta may leverage artificial intelligence and machine learning technologies in connection with applications for employment.
This job has expired.
Meta is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need any assistance or accommodations due to a disability, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org.