Responsible for performing preventative maintenance and routine mechanical repairs in a shop environment on customer's equipment including trucks, buses, engines, engine components, and subassemblies.
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose routine problems with customer's equipment. • Identify and order parts necessary to complete repairs and routine maintenance.
- Perform routine repairs on customer's equipment. Replace parts and equipment as necessary.
- Perform preventative maintenance on equipment according to established guidelines and schedules
- Complete all work orders and time sheets in a legible, accurate and timely manner.
- Consult with supervisor to ensure accuracy of diagnosis and approval for repair work.
- Provide assistance to more senior level Shop Technicians on larger jobs.
- Maintain a clean and safe work environment.
- Perform all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
High School Diploma or General Education Degree (GED) and one to two years related experience required.
SKILLS & ABILITIES Computer Skills
- The trait of being dependable and trustworthy.
- Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
- Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
- Ability to take care of the customers’ needs while following company procedures.
Basic computer navigation and utilization skills required.
Certificates & Licenses
Technical certification in automotive and/or diesel engine repair preferred.Other Requirements
Ability to utilize laptop computers and portable diagnostic tools required
This job has expired.