This job has expired.
The registered and certified pharmacy technician II works under the direct supervision of licensed pharmacists to provide distributive pharmacy services and support to the pharmacy department. Additionally, provides a high level of assistance in distribution, dispensing, and compounding of sterile and non-sterile medications, and related supplies in compliance with accreditation, legal, regulatory, and safety requirements.
• Competent and skilled to perform all duties of Technician I.
• Performs sterile compounding, including limited hazardous medications in accordance with regulatory requirements.
• Assists with process improvement and continuous quality and safety monitoring initiatives.
• Assists with procurement of medications and supplies through various ordering platforms.
• Able to perform all activities per pharmacy technician scope of practice
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• MEDICATION SAFETY - TECH: Utilizes processes and techniques to promote medication safety.
• PHARMACY AUTOMATION SYSTEMS AND EQUIPMENT - ADC: Maintains and supports pharmacy automation, information systems, and related equipment.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• Registered Pharmacy Technician - FL
• Certified Pharmacy Technician
Education equivalent experience:
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work well with others in a team with minimal supervision. Demonstrate the ability to respond positively in a stressful environment and meet the physical demands of the department.
Required Work Experience: One (1) year of experience as a Pharmacy Technician.
Reference: Job Functions of a Technician I:-Maintains and supports medication distribution systems and distribution channels, including automated dispensing cabinets, unit dose systems, code carts, trays and kits.-Prepares, fills, receives, delivers, stocks and restocks medication inventory and supplies for the pharmacy department and drug storage areas.-Assists with customer service and patient needs, including answering telephones, managing work queues and completing medication histories.-Prepares non-sterile compounded medications, including hazardous preparations.-Performs prescription data entry in pharmacy system when applicable.-Process medication charges/credits when applicable.-Responsible for orienting and training new pharmacy technicians or students.-Completes other responsibilities as assigned in support of pharmacy operations.-This list may not be all inclusive and subject to change
• Bending and Stooping 80.00%
• Climbing 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 80.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 100.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 100.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 80.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Reaching 80.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 80.00%
• Running 60.00%
• Sitting 80.00%
• Standing 80.00%
• Walking 80.00%
• Audible Speech 80.00%
• Hearing Acuity 80.00%
• Smelling Acuity 60.00%
• Taste Discrimination 40.00%
• Depth Perception 80.00%
• Distinguish Color 80.00%
• Seeing - Far 80.00%
• Seeing - Near 80.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 40.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 40.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 40.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 40.00%
• Asbestos 40.00%
• Cytotoxic Chemicals 80.00%
• Dust 80.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 80.00%
• Hazardous Medication 80.00%
• Latex 100.00%
• Computer Monitor 80.00%
• Domestic Animals 40.00%
• Fire Risk 40.00%
• Hazardous Noise 60.00%
• Laser/High Intensity Lights 60.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 80.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 80.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 60.00%
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
Posted about 2 hours ago
San Diego, California
Posted about 2 hours ago
Posted about 1 hour ago