This job has expired.
Under the supervision of an RN, performs basic patient care and other related technical and clinical support activities.
• Performs basic patient care activities as delegated and supervised by an RN, including but not limited to: monitoring vital signs, taking blood glucose measurements, and recording intake and output.
• Assists patients with tending to personal care and activities of daily living, including bathing, grooming, and eating.
• Monitors patient status and response; Reports abnormal findings or changes in physical, mental, and emotional conditions to nursing staff.
• Assists with keeping patient rooms/areas stocked, clean and orderly.
• Assist with transporting patients, as needed.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• PROBLEM SOLVING: Ability to identify, analyze and effectively solve problems.
• ORGANIZATION SKILLS (3): Organizes work to achieve maximum efficiency.
• ELECTROCARDIOGRAM ANCILLARY/SUPPORT: Performs electrocardiogram testing.
• PATIENT AND FAMILY CENTERED CARE: "Provides Patient and Family Centered Care to patients, families, visitors and internal customers"
• High School Diploma or Equivalent
• BLS Certification
Education equivalent experience:
• Currently enrolled in an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program and successful completion of at least one year of clinicals or a graduate of an accredited Registered/Professional Nursing program awaiting the NCLEXexamination.
Complexity of Work: Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to read, write, comprehend and follow oral and written instructions in English. Demonstrative knowledge of basic medical terminology required. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: Six (6) months patient care experience as a nursing assistant or nursing student.
• Bending and Stooping 60.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 40.00%
• Lifting/Carrying Patients 35 Pounds or Greater 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 40.00%
• Lifting or Carrying > 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling > 75 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Reaching 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Sitting 40.00%
• Squatting 40.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Distinguish Color 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 60.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 20.00%
• Hazardous Medication 20.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
• Domestic Animals 20.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 20.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Since the opening of the one-story, 100-bed Memorial Hospital in 1953, the South Florida community has benefited from caring and compassionate healthcare at Memorial Regional Hospital. Today, with 553 beds and as the flagship facility of Memorial Healthcare System, Memorial Regional Hospital is one of Florida's largest and most sophisticated hospitals, offering leading-edge care and technologies. Services include:
Posted 6 minutes ago
Coeur d'Alene, Idaho
Posted 6 minutes ago
Posted 6 minutes ago