Here at Scotts Miracle-Gro there is no such thing as a typical day. Our culture is constantly energized by new and exciting growth opportunities and at a rapid pace. Every Associate plays an important role in providing innovative solutions for today's gardeners and growers and contributing new ideas to improve operations. In our company you need grit, it is what we were founded on over 150 years ago and is what keeps us growing. Regardless of your level in the organization there is a platform for your voice to be heard and the ability to influence change. Family, community and hard working values are weaved into all that we do. Come grow with us, where we develop and nurture the next generation of leaders.
We are looking for a Quality Technician who will join our Scotts Miracle Gro team in Groveland, FL.
Positions starting at $18.15 per hour!
The Quality Assurance Technician is responsible for completing shift assignments to support the Quality department in a safety and effective manner. Assignments include performing chemical and physical testing per approved methods; data entry and result reporting; completing line audits, material inspections, and completing other tasks as assigned by the Lead technician or department supervisor or manager.
What you'll do in this role:
What you'll need to be successful:
- Execution of chemical and physical analysis per approved methods and protocols. Interpreting results and advising plant operations on results and trends in the data.
- Completion of assigned tasks and responsibilities that include any combination of the following: record keeping, LIMS data, SAP entry, product release, instrument maintenance and repair, supply management, safety and operation training, sample collection, audits, and inspections.
- Support External analysis, R&D
- Perform housekeeping and safety and environmental tasks
What we do for you (just to name a few cool ones):
- High school graduate with three years of experience in a lab setting or with two years advanced training degree.
- One to three years of analytical chemistry and instrumentation experience
- Previous experience with quality programs desirable.G.C, HPLC,ICP,AA, Leco, Spectrophotometer,Wet Chemistry Experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of quality concepts and methods (GLP, ISO,GMP, Lean, Six Sigma)
- Knowledge of general analytical testing methods, techniques and instrumentation
- Knowledge of laboratory safety regulations
- Knowledge of fertilizer chemistry
- Ability to make good decisions
- Good interpersonal skills with a customer service attitude.
- Ability to use SAP software
- Ability to provide preventative maintenance and repair to instrumentation
- Ability to lift 50 pounds
- Up to 34 paid days off each year
- 13 paid company holidays
- 12 paid vacation days (accrued monthly)
- 7 paid sick days (56 hours, accrued monthly)
- 2 community service days
- Three Medical plans to choose from with an option to participate in a health screening to earn substantial wellness incentives
- Basic PPO Plan
- Premium PPO Plan
- High Deductible Health Saving Account (HSA) Plan with a company contribution
- New hire benefits coverage begins within a month of your start date: Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Vacation and Sick Time
- Benefits are available to you, your spouse/domestic partner and your children
- 401(k) company match up to 7.5% with immediate participation and vesting
- Ability to purchase company stock at a 15% discounted price from market value
- Fitness and nutrition reimbursements
- Adoption, fertility and surrogacy assistance
- 10 weeks of Parental Leave (4 weeks paid and 6 weeks unpaid)
- To view all of our great benefits, click here!
* Eligibility for the above benefits may vary based on full-time/part-time status or additional factors.
Not interested in this role? Stay up to date on future opportunities by joining our ScottsMiracle-Gro and Hawthorne Gardening talent communities.
Scotts is an EEO Employer, dedicated to a culturally diverse, drug free workplace.
EEO/AA Employer/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity
Notification to Agencies:
Please note that the Scotts Miracle-Gro company does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Master Service Agreement, and specific approval to submit resumes to an approved requisition, the Scotts Miracle-Gro company will not consider or approve payment regarding recruiter fees or referral compensations.