This job has expired.
The Clinical Laboratory Technologist is responsible for performing, evaluating, and reporting of technical laboratory procedures on patient specimens for use in the diagnosis and treatment of disease. Follows established procedures to ensure laboratory quality control and compliance with professional standards of practice.
• Performs accurate and appropriate testing of specimens received in the laboratory, according to established laboratory protocol and procedures.
• Reports test results in a timely manner according to established laboratory protocols.
• Follows established procedures for laboratory quality control, ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, quality standards, compliance activities, and policies and procedures.
• Effectively manages resources such as productivity, supplies, instruments and equipment. Plans work and completes job responsibilities in an efficient and productive manner.
• Serves as a resource to laboratory staff and other clinical staff as needed.
Competencies and skills:
• STANDARDS OF BEHAVIOR: Acts in a manner that supports the standards of communication, respect, privacy, and teamwork by demonstrating a commitment to professional and ethical conduct.
• CUSTOMER SERVICE: Demonstrates commitment to service excellence by promptly addressing internal/external customer issues/requests, resolving concerns while maintaining a professional image and behavior to build and enhance the patient/family/customer experience.
• ACCOUNTABILITY: Accepts ownership of job roles and specific assignments/goals; works independently, takes responsibility for own actions; admits mistakes and judgment errors; and accepts constructive feedback. Connects personal work results to the accomplishment of team and organizational goals.
• RESPONDING TO CHANGE: Accepts change and adapts in a positive and productive manner; handles unexpected situations and changes in direction calmly and with confidence. Views new assignments and job responsibilities as an opportunity for growth.
• SPECIMEN HANDLING, ACCESSIONING, AND PROCESSING: Receives, accessions, and processes specimens.
• EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE - LAB: Performs maintenance procedures on equipment and analyzers.
• ACCURACY & QUALITY: Completes work assignments within established quality and/or quantity standards.
• ANALYSIS AND DECISION MAKING: Uses decision making processes and tools to analyze situations and make effective decisions.
• CLINICAL POLICIES AND STANDARDS: Applies knowledge of clinical standards, policies, and procedures relevant to function and organization.
• Medical Laboratory Scientist Program
• Clinical Lab Technologist License - FL
• Clinical Lab Supervisor License - FL
Education equivalent experience:
• Graduated from a NAACLS accredited program. As required by Florida state licensure.
Complexity of Work: Basic knowledge of laboratory procedures and instrumentation. Ability to effectively relate and communicate with internal and external customers. Basic knowledge of laboratory information systems. Requires critical thinking skills, effective communication skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision. Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
Required Work Experience: No prior work experience required.
Can be licensed as Clinical Laboratory Technologist or Clinical Lab Supervisor.
• Bending and Stooping 60.00%
• Climbing 40.00%
• Keyboard Entry 60.00%
• Kneeling 20.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Lifting or Carrying 25.01 lbs - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 0 - 25 lbs Non-Patient 60.00%
• Pushing or Pulling 26 - 75 lbs Non-Patient 20.00%
• Reaching 60.00%
• Repetitive Movement Hand/Arm 60.00%
• Sitting 60.00%
• Squatting 40.00%
• Standing 60.00%
• Walking 60.00%
• Audible Speech 60.00%
• Hearing Acuity 60.00%
• Smelling Acuity 40.00%
• Depth Perception 60.00%
• Distinguish Color 60.00%
• Seeing - Far 60.00%
• Seeing - Near 60.00%
• Bio hazardous Waste 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Respiratory 60.00%
• Biological Hazards - Skin or Ingestion 60.00%
• Blood and/or Bodily Fluids 60.00%
• Communicable Diseases and/or Pathogens 60.00%
• Dust 40.00%
• Gas/Vapors/Fumes 40.00%
• Hazardous Chemicals 60.00%
• Latex 20.00%
• Computer Monitor 60.00%
• Fire Risk 40.00%
• Hazardous Noise 20.00%
• Heating Devices 60.00%
• Moving Mechanical Parts 60.00%
• Needles/Sharp Objects 60.00%
• Potential Electric Shock 40.00%
• Potential for Physical Assault 20.00%
• Radiation 40.00%
• Wet or Slippery Surfaces 40.00%
Memorial Hospital Pembroke joined Memorial Healthcare System in 1995, adding 301 licensed beds and a wide range of clinical expertise to the system. New facilities and programs continue to be added, providing a wide scope of services such as:
Posted 41 minutes ago
Posted 41 minutes ago
Posted 37 minutes ago