Presented by Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair is a leading art fair for discovering emerging artists, with editions in cities around the world, including London, New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, Sydney, and Melbourne. Unlike traditional art fairs where attendees buy from galleries, The Other Art Fair offers attendees unparalleled direct access to artists, alongside experimental programming, appealing to first-time art buyers and seasoned art collectors alike.
We are looking for Onsite Event Staff to help us at our Brooklyn edition of The Other Art Fair. Event Staff are an important part of the organization and contribute to the effective execution of the Fair. They are the first point of contact for visitors and exhibiting artists. This is a paid, temporary position that requires working onsite at the fair location.
Leaf Group is a house of brands, creating and cultivating digital-first companies in growing lifestyle categories: Fitness & Wellness (Well+Good, Livestrong.com); Home & Decor (Hunker, Society6, Deny Designs), and Art & Design (Saatchi Art, The Other Art Fair). Additionally, we have performance focused brands in key categories such as Travel, Pets, and DIY (OnlyInYourState, Cuteness, eHow). Our media and marketplace brands are authentic and authoritative, reaching a large and growing passionate audience.
We work in a fun, collaborative environment that is diverse, adventurous, and open-minded. We look for proactive, accountable people focused on continuous learning and growth to push themselves and our businesses forward. Check us out here.
You'll Report To: Fair Assistant
A typical day as an Event Staff might include:
You'll be successful if you love talking to people, want to support emerging artists, and are eager to help with a variety of tasks.What You Have:
- Gain practical knowledge and experience in Contemporary Art practices and learn how a successful art fair works in New York
- Meet new people with common interests such as artists, curators, professionals, local and international visitors, members of the arts community
- Have fun while pursuing an important project that makes art accessible to everyone in an exciting and optimistic environment
- Welcome, inform, and help exhibiting artists and visitors
- Check invitations and tickets
- Assist exhibitors during booth installation
- Work handling (furniture, boxes, documents) and manage project areas
- Distribute fair guides and complimentary tickets
What We Have:
- Ability to commit to the duration of the fair (July 23 - 25, 2021) and assist onsite at the fair location (Brooklyn Expo Center, 72 Noble st, Brooklyn, NY 11222)
- Thursday July 22 - 7:30am - 10pm
- Friday July 23 - 11:30am - 10pm
- Saturday July 24 - 10pm - 10pm
- Sunday July 25 - 10am - 6pm
- Excellent verbal communication skills with client-facing experience
- Proactive, problem-solver mindset. You are motivated to complete tasks on time and support the team's goals
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Eagerness to wear multiple hats - no job is too small or too large. You want to learn all you can. You are also independent, responsible, and punctual.
- An eye for detail and an appreciation for art. You would be going to the fair even if you weren't involved.
- Self-starter mentality. You work well when you're self-directed, and are quick to ask questions
- Our environment is informal but we work hard and responsibly. An unbeat, supportive demeanor goes a long way.
- Paid Assignment ($15 hourly)
- Hands-on experience within a fast-moving and fun environment
- eHow is the 2019 & 2020 People's Choice and official Webby Winner for Social Video/How To-DIY
- OnlyInYourState is ranked the #3 Travel and Information Site (ComScore)
- Well+Good is the 2019 People's Choice winner of the Webby's Award for Best Lifestyle Brand
- Leaf Group is among TalentDesk's 2019 Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among the 2019 Built In LA Best Companies To Work For
- Leaf Group is among Comparably's 2018 Best Companies in Los Angeles
- Well+Good is the 2018 winner of Fast Company's Most Innovative Company Award
- MyPlate is the 2018 winner of the Webby Award for Best Design
- Winner of the 2017 Best Company for Diversity award Comparably
Leaf Group is a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace that reflects our customers and the world we live in. We encourage people from all backgrounds, ages, abilities, and experiences to apply for our roles. Leaf Group is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ancestry, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or family status, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy or caregiver status, veteran status, or any other legally protected status..Agency Disclosure:
If the Leaf Group Talent Acquisition department, or any current company employee, receives an unsolicited resume from a third party recruiting agency and Leaf Group does not have a signed Agency Agreement active, Leaf Group will not be deemed liable to pay a placement fee. The unsolicited resume will be considered a gift and can be considered for our recruitment efforts.
This job has expired.