Job Title: Test Proctor (OPS)
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Job ID: 55038
Office of Distance Learning
The FSU Office of Distance Learning (ODL) is seeking customer-service-oriented Test Proctors to join our team as we support quality online instruction at Florida State University. We offer a collegial, innovative work culture that's passionate about excellence, quality, and collaboration. As a Test Proctor, you'll be part of creating a welcoming, customer experience for our testers. Primary responsibilities include admitting testers in and out of our testing facility, proctoring exams, and helping to staff our reception desk during certain days of the week. These and other responsibilities are described below.
Admit testers in and out of the facility.
Upon entrance: Greet testers as they enter the testing lobby. Check the testers' registration and photo ID. Confirm all devices are turned off. Ensure all unauthorized items are put away. Review any important test-specific policies with the tester. Provide testing materials based on test requirements.
Upon exit: Greet testers as they exit the testing lobby. Collect any test materials, including scratch paper. Close the test registration.
Proctor testers in the testing room. Use camera system and traditional proctoring methods to monitor testers. Pay careful attention to key areas to identify suspicious behavior. Report any concerns to the supervisor who can address sensitive matters.
Operate the reception desk. Greet and assist instructors, testers, and staff when they enter the administrative offices lobby. Answer phone calls from testers and instructors. Accept and route mail deliveries.
Complete other clerical/administrative work. Maintain cleanliness of the facility. Shred used scratch paper, reference sheets, and other sensitive documents. Monitor and respond to personal work emails. When able, assist the department with special projects and tasks related to online instruction at the university.
- Due to CLEP test regulations: 21 years of age or older and not currently enrolled as an undergraduate at *any* college or university
- Able to follow procedures precisely and pay attention to detail
- Able to maintain a consistent work schedule
- Able to carefully handle secure and confidential information
- Able to provide courteous customer service
- Able to work effectively under high-stress situations
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS)
- 1 year or more of customer service experience
- Student or work experience in a college or university setting
- Experience working with secure and confidential materials or information
- Proficiency using computers
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there's the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow's news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
Anticipated Salary Range
This position starts at $14.00 an hour. Additional increases may be granted for strong job performance and increased job responsibilities.
- This position is eligible to earn overtime pay of time-and-a-half (1.5 times the normal pay rate).
- Vacation and sick leave are not included with this position. However, staff working in this position are eligible to receive health insurance benefits, special FSU discounts, and are automatically enrolled in the 401(a) FICA Alternative Plan.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include all work history up to ten years, and education details even if attaching a resume.
- This is an OPS/temporary job.
- Based on the duties, this position may require completion of a criminal history background check.
- Candidates must be able to work 20 hours or more per week between the hours of 8:00am to 5:00pm, Monday through Friday.
- During peak times of the semester (i.e., Finals Week), the testing center may be open as late as 10:00pm and during the weekend. During these times, staff may be expected to work additional hours and may be eligible for overtime pay of time-and-a-half (1.5 times the normal pay rate).
- This position is being advertised as open until filled. Applications will be reviewed periodically throughout the year as departmental needs arise.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
This job has expired.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.