PRIMARY FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
- Fabricate, assemble, dismantle, disassemble, and repair machines, parts, equipment, dies and tools.
MATERIALS USED, PROCESSED, AND HANDLED
- Machines, parts, equipment, dies, tools, and associated items. Metallic and nonmetallic materials.
- Solvents, lubricants, cleaners, and associated items.
TOOLS AND EQUIPMENT USED
- Machinist's tools. Machine tools and equipment common to the trade with their attachments and accessories. Measuring, testing, and checking instruments, gauges, and equipment. Finishing, annealing, and hardening equipment. Material handling equipment.
DUTIES AND WORKING PROCEDURES
LIMITATIONS AND DISCLAIMER
- Work from drawings, sketches, verbal instructions, and charts
- Make layouts and sketches as required
- Fabricate, anneal, temper, harden, and finish parts to precise specifications
- Set up, lubricate, and operate metal cutting, forming, and grinding machines
- Perform hand operations employing hand tools
- Inspect and test equipment and machines to determine need for service and maintenance
- Layout, fabricate, inspect, install, test, assemble, dismantle, disassemble, repair and fit machines, equipment, and parts
- Follow all Plant food safety procedures
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work being performed; it is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position.
All job requirements are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health and safety of themselves or other employees.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws.
Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities. To perform this job successfully, the employee must possess the abilities or aptitudes to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an "at-will" basis.
Silgan is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider applicants for all positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, marital status, or the presence of a disability, which would not prevent the performance of essential job duties with, or without reasonable accommodation of any other protective status.
Silgan is a drug-free workplace.
This job has expired.