Greif offers a great working environment and the opportunity to make an immediate impact at a company where your ideas are always welcome.
Job Requisition #:
019783 Tool Maker/Mold & Die Fitting (Open)
Education and Experience
- Performs assignments ranging from the use of ordinary tool room operations to work involving accurate relationships and extremely close tolerances.
- Plans construction procedures and methods, selecting the proper materials.
- Makes allowances for shrinkage during the heat-treating of tools and metal flows in dies.
- Identifies and corrects problems in complicated dies and tools.
- Plans, schedules, and coordinates corrective, preventive, predictive, and proactive activities.
- Utilizes common tools for the role, precision measuring instruments, and electrical testing devices to complete tasks.
- Assembles, installs and tests tools and die equipment, and components.
- Utilizes diagrams, sketches, manuals, manufacturer's instructions, and engineering specifications to diagnose and correct problems.
- Collaborates with others to ensure work orders are completed in a timely manner.
- Controls and optimizes spare parts ordering, stocking, issuing, and inventorying.
- Supports root cause problem solving and development of new or refinement of existing equipment.
- Adheres to all plant safety policies. Participates in plant-wide safety, housekeeping, Operational Excellence, and Lean Manufacturing programs.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills
- Typically possesses a high school diploma (or equivalent) and a technical certificate with 3-6 years of relevant experience.
- Possesses strong understanding of automated industrial machinery and electrical systems. High volume manufacturing maintenance experience preferred.
- Demonstrates ability to read diagrams, manuals, and measurement tools.
- Possesses in-depth experience with complex troubleshooting of manufacturing equipment.
- Demonstrates strong written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrates the ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment, and to prioritize activities according to importance.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and any other relevant software.
We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and opportunity for growth. Greif, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. We will not discriminate against any applicant or employee on the basis of sexual orientation, gender identity, race, gender, religion, age, national origin, color, disability, or veteran status. EOE/Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. For more information read Greif's Equal Opportunity Policy.
This job has expired.