Basic Job Functions:
BACKGROUND: Universal Industrial Gases, LLC. (UIG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor and a well-established, global engineer, constructor, supplier and operator of air separation plants and related equipment and services, based in Bethlehem, PA. UIG owns and operates production plants across the USA which supply both Nucor steel sites and third-party clients 24/7 with tonnage quantities of oxygen, nitrogen, and argon as well as exporting liquid cryogenic products by road tanker.
The Construction Coordinator will be responsible for contract administration and general overseeing of all Contractors at the active Nucor construction site. This role will require extensive travel and temporary relocation to the active construction site (s). Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to the following:
- Ensuring all contractors clearly understand goals and expectations and meeting all safety, training, and insurance requirements.
- Management and coordination of construction and building repairs if necessary.
- Ensuring all contractors onsite are properly licensed by the state of location of construction site
- Managing project schedules and ensure projects are properly staffed.
- Managing bid packages.
- Managing and approving engineering drawings and construction management software.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.Minimum Qualifications:A four-year degree in construction management, building science or civil engineering or equivalent experience.Ability to travel both within the US and abroad.3 years' experience managing project field safety, contract administration, construction scheduling, material control, field inspections, QA/QC documentation.Preferred Qualifications:
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Six months of experience in capital project management.
- Experience with Sharepoint and MS Project.
- An understanding of and the ability to read P&IDs, equipment and construction drawings, vendor drawings, electrical single line drawings, and piping ISOs for all disciplines is required.