Basic Job Functions:
BACKGROUND: Universal Industrial Gases, LLC. (UIG) is a wholly owned subsidiary of Nucor and a well-established, global engineer, constructor, supplier and operator of air separation plants and related equipment and services, based in Bethlehem, PA. UIG owns and operates production plants across the USA which supply both Nucor steel sites and third-party clients 24/7 with tonnage quantities of oxygen, nitrogen, and argon as well as exporting liquid cryogenic products by road tanker.
The responsibilities of this role include but are not limited to:
- Guide projects from conception through the completion of construction.
- Read and interpret engineering documents and drawings.
- Use computer programs to accomplish goals (Excel, MS Project, AutoCAD, etc.).
- Identify and communicate potential problems or delays and offer cost-effective solutions.
- Facilitate effective communications between divisions and contractors.
- Manage and oversee all aspects of projects to include Safety, Estimating/Budgeting, Schedule, Drawing Review and Contractor Supervision.
- The position may require relocation.
- Travel will be required for the position.
Safety is the most important part of all jobs within Nucor; therefore, candidates must be able to demonstrate the ability to initiate, lead, and uphold safety policies, practices, procedures, and housekeeping standards at all times.Minimum Qualifications:10 years' experience managing construction field safety, contract administration, construction scheduling, material control, field inspections, QA/QC documentation.Ability to travel 100% of the time as work dictates. This includes visits to UIG headquarters in Bethlehem, PA, different construction locations in the US, vendor manufacturing facilities, etc.Experience with electrical and control systems.Preferred Qualifications:
Nucor is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - M/F/Disabled/Vets - and a drug - free workplace
This job has expired.
- Degree in Engineering, Building Science or Construction Management
- Leadership experience while performing as General Contractor
- An understanding of and the ability to read P&IDs, equipment and construction drawings, vendor drawings, electrical single line drawings, and piping ISOs for all disciplines is required.