If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
UNIVERSITY OF MIAMI, DEPARTMENT OF MEDICINE, CARDIOVASCULAR DIVISION
Where Excellence Meets Purpose
The University of Miami is among the top research universities and academic medical centers in the nation, and one of the largest private employers in South Florida.
The University of Miami Miller School of Medicine (UMMSOM) is the leading research institution in South Florida. UHealth, University of Miami Health System delivers world-class clinical care throughout South Florida, pioneering research in Stem Cell therapies, electrophysiology and structural heart disease, with a visionary approach to medical education. The UHealth Tower is a 500-bed hospital that offers comprehensive cardiovascular services including active programs in interventional cardiology (advanced coronary and structural interventions), electrophysiology, and cardiothoracic surgery. The UHealth Tower Flagship Hospital is part of an integrated medical campus that includes a large county hospital (Jackson Memorial Hospital) and the Miami Veterans Affair Hospital.
With more than 16,000 faculty and staff, the University strives for excellence, and is driven by a powerful purpose to transform and impact the lives of its students, patients, members of the community, and people across the globe. The University is committed to fostering a culture of belonging, through their values of Diversity, Integrity, Responsibility, Excellence, Compassion, Creativity, and Teamwork (DIRECCT). The University has been named on Forbes's Best Employers list for two consecutive years and is the only university in Florida to receive this honor.
The Department of Medicine, Division of Cardiovascular Medicine, is seeking a skilled and experienced General Cardiologist- staff physician, to join our healthcare team at the Uhealth Doral facility. The ideal candidate should have excellent clinical skills, strong leadership qualities, and the ability to provide high-quality inpatient and outpatient services. The candidate should be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, collaborating with interdisciplinary teams, and contributing to academic and educational initiatives.
- Competitive base salary
- Relocation assistance if applicable
- Comprehensive benefit package
- Provide clinical care and consultative services to patients with a variety of cardiovascular conditions
- Conduct comprehensive patient evaluations, develop treatment plans, and oversee patient care
- Perform and interpret various diagnostic tests such as echocardiograms, CT scans, MRI scans, and nuclear cardiology studies
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary teams to develop and implement patient care plans
- Provide leadership to the cardiology team, including mentoring and teaching trainees and junior staff members
- Participate in academic and educational initiatives, including teaching medical students and conducting research
- Maintains confidentiality of all patient information and adheres to University and unit-level policies and procedures
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Board certification in Cardiology
- Active medical license from accredited institution
- Strong clinical skills, with the ability to provide high-quality care to patients with a variety of cardiovascular conditions
- Proficiency in performing and interpreting diagnostic tests such as echocardiograms, CT scans, MRI scans, and nuclear cardiology studies
- Demonstrated leadership qualities and the ability to work collaboratively with interdisciplinary teams
- Experience in academic and educational initiatives, including teaching and research
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills to work effectively with patients, families, colleagues, and hospital leadership.
- Performs in tactful and professional manner, superior patient engagement skills
The University of Miami offers competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, tuition remission and more.
UHealth-University of Miami Health System, South Florida's only university-based health system, provides leading-edge patient care powered by the ground breaking research and medical education at the Miller School of Medicine. As an academic medical center, we are proud to serve South Florida, Latin America and the Caribbean. Our physicians represent more than 100 specialties and sub-specialties, and have more than one million patient encounters each year. Our tradition of excellence has earned worldwide recognition for outstanding teaching, research and patient care. We're the challenge you've been looking for.
Patient safety is a top priority. As a result, during the Influenza ("the flu") season (September through April), the University Of Miami Miller School Of Medicine requires all employees who provide ongoing services to patients, work in a location (all Hospitals and clinics) where patient care is provided, or work in patient care or clinical care areas, to have an annual influenza vaccination. Failure to meet this requirement will result in rescinding or termination of employment.
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.