This position is responsible for the sales and service of PEIC policies and customers. They are responsible for the day-to-day interactions with customers as well as adhering to all underwriting rules and guidelines to ensure a profitable book of business.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Minimum Skills and Competencies:
- Generates new business opportunities and sells new business policies
- Provides exceptional customer service through face-to-face, telephone, or written inquiries from clients regarding coverage, rating, and billing procedures
- Determines acceptability of new & renewal business per the company's Underwriting rules and guidelines using information gathered from insured, brush fire reports, motor vehicle records, CLUE reports, inspections, and risk notices from claims
- Services existing policies as well as soliciting additional lines of business or coverage through cross-selling.
- Updates rating information and verifies accuracy of policy information
- Provides rate and coverage information to prospective clients' inquiries
- Special projects as assigned by management
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- High school diploma, or GED
- Current Property and Casualty Insurance License
- 2+ years insurance work experience
- Must have good verbal and written communication skills
- Organizational skills and attention to detail. Must be able to prioritize and plan multiple tasks and assignments
- Must be able to learn different computer programs and software applications. Working knowledge of software applications (i.e., Word, Excel) helpful
- Must be able to work as a member of a team as well as independently
- Must have the ability to work independently to solicit and produce new business and seek new business opportunities
- Bachelor Degree
- 5+ years in Personal Lines Insurance as a Producer or CSR
- Previous customer service, sales, insurance experience
- Must be professional and customer focused
- Must perform well in high-energy, dynamic, and team oriented environment
National General Holdings Corp. is an Equal Opportunity (EO) employer - Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of any characteristic protected by law. Candidates must possess authorization to work in the United States, as it is not our practice to sponsor individuals for work visas.
In the event you need assistance or accommodation in completing your online application, please contact NGIC main office by phone at (336) 435-2000.
This job has expired.