Position Title: Resettlement Program Case Manager
Reports To: Resettlement Program Manager
Team: Southeast Region
Job Location: Southeastern Region Based in Tampa, FL
Grade Level: 5
FLSA & Non-exempt
Union Status: Non-Bargaining
Church World Service (CWS) is a not-for-profit organization working to eradicate hunger and poverty and to promote peace and justice around the world. CWS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability or veteran status in employment or in the provision of services.
To provide Pre and Post arrival case management services to refugees through the US Reception and Placement Program and to provide services to eligible clients enrolled in the Matching Grant Program. This position requires knowledge of case management and sponsorship development as it applies to Federal, and State funded social services programs. This position is based in Tampa, Florida.
- Manages refugee cases, ensuring timely delivery of services and fulfillment of requirements outlined in the Cooperative Agreement with Department of State/Bureau of Population, Refugees, and Migration and as required by CWS standards and procedures.
- Coordinate pre-arrival assessment, assurance, and US-tie screening and orientation.
- Coordinate and provide airport reception for refugees through the Reception and Placement Program.
- Maintain and document case files for each case in accordance with guidelines.
- Provide on-going case management including core services delivery and maintenance assistance services to eligible clients throughout the program service period.
- Coordinate and assist in apartment set-up for refugees as required.
- Coordinate English classes, vocational education, job training, childcare, cultural orientation and other referrals and services, as well as transportation to appointments.
- Coordinate interpretation and translation services to refugee clients.
- Conduct home visits as mandated by the program.
- Prepare and document direct client assistance requests and disbursements.
- Enroll eligible clients into the employment program and provide orientation, maintenance assistance, and on-going case management services throughout the program service period.
- Develop and document a budget for each case with expenditures and dates.
- Coordinate employment services, including job orientations, in a timely manner to assist client in achieving self-sufficiency.
- Coordinate and conduct enrollment of the Central American Minors (CAM) program for CWS South Florida.
- Coordinate and conduct enrollment of the Lautenberg program for CWS South Florida.
- Generate and submit cases’ reports.
- Participate in community events to disseminate program information and recruit potential clients.
- Stays abreast of refugee and immigrant issues, and available services to refugees, using current information to better identify and serve refugee clients.
- Must have reliable transportation and a valid driver’s license.
- Perform other related duties as requested by the Resettlement Program Manager, the Regional Director Southeast and/or his/her designee.
Associate Degree or 3 years of relative work experience.Experience:
Previous work experience with refugee resettlement case management or other direct social services and excellent interviewing skills.Other Skills:
Computer literacy, using word processing and database applications. Strong English writing skills. Spanish and/or Arabic language
fluency required.Special Requirements:
- Covid vaccine required.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Must complete motor vehicle record check.
- Must be willing and able to travel.
- Background check required.
CWS’ U.S. COVID-19 Vaccination Policy requires all new staff to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as soon as reasonable, no longer than 60 days of employment. Any employee who is pregnant, who is nursing, who has a disability, or who has a medical condition that prevents them from safe vaccination, or who rejects vaccination because of sincerely held religious beliefs, may contact the CWS Benefits Administrator to request reasonable accommodation as defined by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC).
CWS offers a competitive benefits package that includes:
•403 (b) Retirement Plan
•Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
•Paid Time Off
•Life Insurance and AD&D
•Long Term and Short Term Disability
•Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
•Health Savings Account
•Flexible Spending Accounts
• Commuter Benefits
This job has expired.