What you'll do at
What you'll do...
Associate Director, Creative (Beauty)
Walmart Creative Studio is the in-house creative agency for Walmart. Our team develops breakthrough and distinctive design systems and creative conversations that drive business objectives and keep our Fortune #1 brand in the culture. We use creativity and design to win hearts, minds and wallets.
We are uniquely positioned as the internal creative agency of record to be hyper-focused on the customer experience across all channels, categories, and campaigns. We are ruthlessly focused on human truths, insight-driven creative strategies and integrated creative solutions that build the brand and grow the business - not just with ads but through brand acts and experiences.
We value talent, diversity, innovation, curiosity, collaboration, culture, insights, and results, and we are committed to helping people - all people - live better.
In this Associate Creative Director position, the candidate will be the creative leader for all things beauty. They'll manage a creative pod consisting of art directors and/or designers, with a focus on seasonal, brand, and experiential work. The associate director will receive marketing briefs, develop insight-driven creative concepts, manage a team to create internal decks, present work to management and stakeholders, partner with photo art directors to produce shoots, and design 360 degrees assets to tell our elevated, engaging, and connected stories across owned, paid, digital, and physical brand platforms.
This leader will be responsible for collaborating with internal partners to bring business strategies to life, with a lens on creative excellence, diverse talent, craft, creativity, innovation, personalization, and collaboration. This leader will play a key role in fostering a positive and collaborative work environment, and inspiring their team to reach their full potential.
- Creative direction and development - Lead the design direction and development of creative elements for Walmart's fashion seasonal and brand work. Inclusive of branding and identity development, overall creative direction (including color, typography, and photography), and applicable maintenance, updates and extensions. Work from creative briefs to translate merchandising and marketing strategies into creative execution.
- Team leadership - Direct multiple projects within deadlines. Promote the growth and career development of individual team members. Establish and maintain clarity and a consistent workflow by conducting regular reviews and meetings with team members.
- Thinking operationally and critically - Receive and digest marketing briefs, ask questions to gain all clarity needed to be a creative and effect problem solver, holistically consider projects including concept, bandwidth, team needs, deadlines, and audience to create the most appropriate and inspiring deck / solve.
- Communication - Present to internal leadership and external partners as appropriate, influencing business and creative decisions and direction.
- Cultural relevance - Keep abreast of industry beauty trends, collaborators (photographer, etc.), influencers, social trends, and best practices that bring new and innovative ideas to the table to drive the business forward.
- Minimum of 6 years of design and/or creative leadership
- Experience managing people
- Excellent creative management skills with the ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects with varying timelines
- Experience working in a fast paced, high volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Experience collaborating with cross discipline marketing leaders
- Strong interest in and passion for branding, storytelling, digital design, innovation
- Experience pitching ideas that articulate a strategic concept approach
- Self-starter; takes initiative and shows continuous growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- A positive team player with an optimistic, enthusiastic attitude who's able to collaborate with and influence peers to overcome obstacles
- Experience operating in a complex matrixed organization
- Omni-channel Retail experience
At Walmart, we offer competitive pay as well as performance-based incentive awards and other great benefits for a happier mind, body, and wallet. Health benefits include medical, vision and dental coverage. Financial benefits include 401(k), stock purchase and company-paid life insurance. Paid time off benefits include PTO (including sick leave), parental leave, family care leave, bereavement, jury duty, and voting. Other benefits include short-term and long-term disability, company discounts, Military Leave Pay, adoption and surrogacy expense reimbursement, and more.
You will also receive PTO and/or PPTO that can be used for vacation, sick leave, holidays, or other purposes. The amount you receive depends on your job classification and length of employment. It will meet or exceed the requirements of paid sick leave laws, where applicable. For information about PTO, see https://one.walmart.com/notices .
Live Better U is a Walmart-paid education benefit program for full-time and part-time associates in Walmart and Sam's Club facilities. Programs range from high school completion to bachelor's degrees, including English Language Learning and short-form certificates. Tuition, books, and fees are completely paid for by Walmart.
Eligibility requirements apply to some benefits and may depend on your job classification and length of employment. Benefits are subject to change and may be subject to a specific plan or program terms. For information about benefits and eligibility, see One.Walmart at https://bit.ly/3iOOb1J .
The annual salary range for this position is $119,000.00-$221,000.00
Additional compensation includes annual or quarterly performance incentives.
Additional compensation for certain positions may also include:
- Regional Pay Zone (RPZ) (based on location)
- Stock equity incentivesMinimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Design, Marketing, Creative Writing, Advertising, Fine Arts, or related field and 4 years' experience in editorial content management or related field OR 6 years' experience in editorial content management or related field.Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Managing copy teams in a retail creative environment, Managing large editorial content campaigns in an online creative or related digital field, Supervisory, Working for or with creative agenciesPrimary Location...
850 Cherry Avenue, San Bruno, CA 94066-3031, United States of America About Walmart
At Walmart, we help people save money so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make, from responsible sourcing to sustainability-and everything in between. As a Walmart associate, you will play an integral role in shaping the future of retail, tech, merchandising, finance and hundreds of other industries-all while affecting the lives of millions of customers all over the world. Here, your work makes an impact every day. What are you waiting for?
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer- By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, abilities, ideas and opinions- while being inclusive of all people.Hello, Silicon Valley
You don't have to choose between your career and your lifestyle. In Silicon Valley, you can have both.
This job has expired.