What you'll do...
Are you passionate about developing cutting-edge back-end solutions to enhance the consumer-facing experience? As a member of our Engineering organization, you'll be viewed as a subject matter expert who is capable of taking our competencies to the next level. The work you do will help us to define a best-in-class user experience while positioning Walmart as a cutting-edge company, one that puts innovation at the forefront.
As a Senior Software Engineer (Back End) you are responsible for developing high performance and scalable e-commerce applications that meet the needs of millions of Walmart customers and its next generation Supply Chain services that is built largely on an event driven platform implemented via a micro-service architecture. We are looking to bring more intellectually curious engineers who are passionate about technology in general.
Benefits & Perks
- Strong experience interfacing with Web Services platforms
- Proficient in RESTful Services, Java, Scala, Spring Boot/Play Framework, RDBMS, NoSql, Python
- Proficient in NodeJS, GraphQL
- Proficient in development of scalable cloud native microservices
- Proficient with Designing and building APIs
- Proficient with event driven architecture
- Experience with Cloud Technologies like Azure and GCP
- Proficient in real time & batch pipelines in big data technologies (i.e. Spark/Kafka/Cassandra/Hadoop/Hive/Elasticsearch)
- Designed, built, and maintained APIs, services of highly scalable platforms.
- Designed and built video streaming applications, with highly efficient streaming protocols and including real time video analytics
- Worked extensively with Kafka or other high volume-low latency messaging infrastructure and built real time and batch data driven applications
- Extensive knowledge of open-source libraries, design patterns and micro-service architecture. Familiarity with CI/CD and unit testing
- Experience in production system operations (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
- The keen eyes for detail and desire to learn, win, collaborate, and relish a challenge
- Knowledge and/or experience in Data mining, Machine Learning, Image and Video Processing
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers, and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting, and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas, and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service, or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We're virtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 5 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 2 years' experience in software engineering or related field Primary Location...
603 MUNGER AVE STE 400, DALLAS, TX 75202, United States of America