What you'll do...
At Walmart, we help people save money,so they can live better. This mission serves as the foundation for every decision we make and drives us to create the future of retail. We can't do that without the best talent - talent that is innovative, curious, and driven to create exceptional experiences for our customers.
Do you have boundless energy and passion for engineering data used to solve dynamic problems that will shape the future of retail?With the sheer scale of Walmart'senvironmentcomes the biggest of big data sets.As aWalmart Staff Software Engineer, you will diginto ourmammothscale ofdata to helpunleashthe power of retaildata byimagining, developing, and maintaining data pipelinesthat our Data Scientists and Analysts and application teams can rely on.You will be responsible for contributing to an orchestration layer of complex data transformations, refining raw data from source into targeted, valuable data assets for consumption in a governed way.You willpartnerwithData Scientists, Analysts, other engineersand business stakeholders tosolve complexand excitingchallengesso thatwe canbuild out capabilities thatevolve theretail business modelwhilemakingapositiveimpactonourcustomers'lives.
You'll make an impact by:
You'll sweep us off our feet if:
- Demonstrating that you can lead the best and brightest data engineers, scrum masters, project/product managers and architects.
- * Using data integration techniques to build refined, high impact data sets fromcomplexmulti-platformenvironments (cloudandon-prem)that integratediverse, large scale internal and externaldata sources
- Developinglearning systems to analyze and filter continuous data flows, driving toward increasingly lower latencyso our data scientists, data analystsand the models they build reflect what is happening in our business right now
- Knowing how to conductadvanced statistical analysis touncover significant data relationshipsand trendsin the data
- Combining a sense of urgency andexpert knowledge of data structures to solveand enhancecomplexcomputingperformance challenges,so that we canoptimize and scale algorithms
- Identifying, developingand deliveringimprovements on data performance,dataquality and cost
- Staying currentthroughcontinualresearchandapplication ofnew,effectivedata engineeringtechniquesand best practices from across industries
- Beingapassionateadopterand ambassador for data governancepractices and process
- Showcasing how you display the data that you integrate by using the latest visualization technologies or can write your own
- You'reaninquisitive,out-of-the box thinkerwho'scontinually on the lookout foropportunitiestoimproveand innovatedatasystems andanalyticsolutions
- You have consistently high standards,your passion for quality is inherent in everything that you do
- You are a collaborative connector who builds bridges between teams and functions
- You evangelize an extremely high standard of code quality, system reliability, and performance
- Youhave a proven track record codingwith at least one programming language (e.g.,SQL, Java, C++, Python)
- You'reexperiencedincomputing platformsandcompaniontools (e.g., Azure,SQL & NoSQL)
- You'reskilledin data modeling &data migrationprotocols
- You're skilled in data automation, data publishing, and subscription techniques
The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed in the role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The full Job Description can be made available as part of the hiring process.About Global Tech
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face.That'swhat we do at Walmart Global Tech.We'rea team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app,serviceor some code,but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human-led is our true disruption.We'revirtual
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success.We'llcollaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose.Benefits & Perks:
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.Equal Opportunity Employer
Walmart, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer - By Choice. We believe we are best equipped to help our associates, customers and the communities we serve live better when we really know them. That means understanding, respecting and valuing diversity- unique styles, experiences, identities, ideas and opinions - while being inclusive of all people.Who WeAre
Join Walmart and your work could help over 275million global customers live better every week. Yes, we are the Fortune #1 company. But you'll quickly find we're a company who wants you to feel comfortable bringing your whole self to work. A career at Walmart is where the world's most complex challenges meet a kinder way of life. Our mission spreads far beyond the walls of our stores. Join us and you'll discover why we are a world leader in diversity and inclusion, sustainability, and community involvement. From day one, you'll be empowered and equipped to do the best work of your life. careers.walmart.com Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Minimum Qualifications: Bachelor of Science and 6 years' experience in software engineering OR Master of Science and 3 years' experience in software engineering. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications. Primary Location...
805 SE MOBERLY LN, BENTONVILLE, AR 72712, United States of America