What you'll do...
Walmart Global Tech is transforming to meet the needs of the future of retail, ensuring that Walmart is that place in which people can grow their careers, and our organization ensures the best experience for the talent we manage and optimal service to the business. Leaders and individual contributors alike look to our Global Talent teams to influence talent strategy, optimize the recruiting process, and enable the business to make the best hiring decisions. This is that place where your passions meet purpose.
About the Role
As a Staff Software (Backend) Engineer for the Hawkeye - Warehouse Automation Engineering Team, your focus will be developing next-generation business focused distributed microservices consuming millions of events and making real time decision making on how to efficiently control automation. You will work on developing advanced platforms, algorithms, API frameworks as part of the project.
You will partner with data science, product, engineering, store operations and legal teams. You will need to be a
self-starter with bias for action and excellent communication skills. Together, we will pioneer technologies that
reinvent the customer and associate experience, new ways of working, and new ways of shopping.
What you'll do
What you'll bring
- Demonstrate up-to-date expertise in Software Engineering and apply this to the development, execution, and improvement of action plans.
- Analyzes business problems to design solutions and/or implements and tests complex code changes for specific requirements or application.
- Primarily responsible for delivering high quality technical designs and code for the product requirements in a fast-paced agile scrum sprint.
- Designing complex systems which are scalable and fault tolerant.
- Implement application which meet throughput and SLAs requirements.
- Implement unit test cases, perform code reviews, and write feature documentation.
- Perform build, deployment, and continuous integration processes to move the code and configurations from local development environments to QA & Production environments.
- Drive production deployments using platform's automated CI and deployment tools
- Provide support as SME for the functional domain.
What Wow Us
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 8+ years or Master's Degree in Computer Science or related field and 5+ years of experience
- Proven industry experience with large scale distributed systems
- Deep experience in working with messaging systems like Kafka, IBM MQ, Rabbit MQ or a similar technology.
- Design and develop highly scalable services and solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology.
- Design, Develop, prototype and build micro services using Java.
- Working on SQL/No-SQL database technologies such as Azure Cosmos, MS SQL Server, Maria DB
- Tune performance of the application by understanding and monitoring resource consumption of both memory and CPUs.
- Hand-On experience on application logging, reporting and monitoring tools like Splunk and Grafana
- Build and deploy applications using CI/CD tools.
- Integrate application with various software stacks from Azure and GCP.
- Scripting skills in at least one of the following: Shell, Perl, Python.
- Experience with big data technologies (Flink, Hadoop, Hive, Spark)
- Excellent analytics skills to understand the systems and identify gaps.
- Attitude to thrive in a fun, fast-paced start-up like environment
- Experience in production system operations (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
- Has ambition and vigor to add value to a rapidly growing development team
#LI-PL1 Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
221 RIVER ST, HOBOKEN, NJ 07030, United States of America