What you'll do...
Leads and directs in large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements, translating requirements into technical solutions. Directs root cause analysis of critical business and production issues by reviewing and analyzing information (for example, issue, impact, criticality, possible root cause); directing actions as designated in the plan. Promotes and supports company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity by training and providing direction to others in their use and application; ensuring compliance with them; and utilizing and supporting the Open-Door Policy.
About the team:
As part of Walmart's Content-to-Commerce team, you will be building highly scalable and reliable iOS applications which will drive the next generation of affiliates, open-API and social commerce experiences. You'll independently handle high impact, critical software/systems monitoring issues, troubleshoot business and production issues. As a member of this fast-moving and highly entrepreneurial team, you'll be able to say that you work for the world's largest retailer and contribute to innovation and development to best-in-class methodologies that impacted perception and drastically changed business as we know it.
You'll sweep us off our feet if...
You'll make an impact by:
- Bachelor's Degree or master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 10+ years of experience building scalable e-commerce applications
- Solid understanding of the iOS application life cycle
- Proficient in RESTful Services, GraphQL, Java, Spring Boot/Play Framework, RDBMS, NoSQL
- Proficient with Designing and building APIs
- Proficient with event driven architecture
- Expert knowledge of Java and the JDK
- Expert knowledge of iPhone SDK and XCode
- Expert knowledge of Objective C programming, Swift and React-Native, Web service and Parsing JSON/XML.
- Expertise in iPhone development, including implementing applications with standard iPhone/ iPad UI components, creating custom UI
- Experience writing multi-threaded and Networked apps
- Expert level debugging and analysis skills
- Experience with the application submission/provisioning process
- Excellent communication skills in both technical and non-technical discussions.
- Have designed and developed a complete iOS app from top to bottom.
- Services experience as it relates to mobile apps
Even Better if You Have:
- Design and develop highly scalable e-commerce applications for the iOS platform.
- Solve complex software systems problems by leveraging state-of-the-art technology
- Gain exposure to various emerging technologies used in Marketing and E-commerce platforms.
- Drive projects of high visibility across the organization.
- Participates in medium- to large-scale, complex, cross-functional projects by reviewing project requirements; translating requirements into technical solutions; gathering requested information (for example, design documents, product requirement); writing and developing code; conducting unit testing; communicating status and issues to team members and stakeholders; collaborating with cross functional teams; troubleshooting open issues and bug-fixes; enhancing design to prevent re-occurrences of defects; ensuring on-time delivery.
Benefits & Perks:
- Experience interfacing with Web Services platforms
- Designed, built, and maintained APIs, services of highly scalable platforms.
- Designed and built video streaming applications, with highly efficient streaming protocols and including real time video analytics.
- Extensive knowledge of open-source libraries, design patterns and micro-service architecture. Familiarity with CI/CD and unit testing
- Experience in production system operations (logging, telemetry, alerting etc.)
- The keen eyes for detail and desire to learn, win, collaborate, and relish a challenge.
Beyond competitive pay, you can receive incentive awards for your performance. Other great perks include 401(k) match, stock purchase plan, paid maternity and parental leave, PTO, multiple health plans, and much more.About Global Tech:
Imagine working in an environment where one line of code can make life easier for hundreds of millions of people and put a smile on their face. That's what we do at Walmart Global Tech. We're a team of 15,000+ software engineers, data scientists and service professionals within Walmart, the world's largest retailer, delivering innovations that improve how our customers shop and empower our 2.2 million associates. To others, innovation looks like an app, service or some code, but Walmart has always been about people. People are why we innovate, and people power our innovations. Being human led is our true disruption.We're virtual:
Working virtually this year has helped us make quicker decisions, remove location barriers across our global team, be more flexible in our personal lives and spend less time commuting. Today, we are reimagining the tech workplace of the future by making a permanent transition to virtual work for most of our team. Of course, being together in person is an important part of our culture and shared success. We'll collaborate in person at a regular cadence and with purpose. Minimum Qualifications...
Outlined below are the required minimum qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no minimum qualifications.
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and 4 years' experience in software engineering or related field OR 6 years' experience in software
engineering or related field. Preferred Qualifications...
Outlined below are the optional preferred qualifications for this position. If none are listed, there are no preferred qualifications.
Master's degree in Computer Science or related field and 3 years' experience in software engineering Primary Location...
640 W California Avenue, Sunnyvale, CA 94086-4828, United States of America
This job has expired.