Virtual Design & Construction Manager
The Project Solutions Department at HITT is the culmination of technology optimization, construction best practices and industry standards aimed at providing world class client experiences The department is comprised of three separate business functions that work together as a cohesive team. project solutions, virtual construction and sustainable construction Together as a cohesive, collaborative collection of industry professionals, the Project Solutions Department endeavors to not only support field operations, but to lead field operations through the discovery and implementation of forward-thinking construction initiatives By leveraging the very latest in construction methodology and technology, HITT can continue to deliver award-winning projects more efficiently, effectively, safely and at the highest quality.
HITT Contracting is seeking a Virtual Construction Manager (or more commonly known, a VDC Manager) to join the Project Solutions Department in Falls Church, VA The Virtual Construction Manager will lead a team of associates in VDC best practices, while also championing the use and deployment of VDC throughout field operations In concert with his/her team, the Virtual Construction Manager will lead efforts in the creation, maintenance and delivery of BIM designs, maintain the highest standards in VDC, support field operations with design-related services, including laser scanning, virtual walk-throughs, clash-detection, etc, and become HITT's in-house subject-matter expert for all things VDC.
The ideal candidate is detail-oriented, organized, high-performing, and has strong communication skills Keys to this position is the ability to multi-task, handling several projects and company initiatives concurrently, while also providing managerial oversight to VDC team members.
- Manages time, tasks, and responsibilities with tenacity and according to priority/need.
- Autonomous self-starter that tackles challenges with a problem-solving, entrepreneurial demeanor.
- Excellent communication skills accomplished by effective public speaking and written communication.
- Knows how to collect, analyze, and interpret data/information in order to make logical decisions.
- Able to identify deficient workflow processes and helps to build (or improve) processes throughout Virtual Construction, Project Solutions and the greater HITT organization.
- Supports the adoption, implementation, teaching, and promotion of VDC best practices.
- Demonstrates a positive attitude and passion for construction and our industry.
- Demonstrates integrity consistent with the HITT Way and HITT's core values.
- Creates, maintains and delivers BIM designs for HITT project teams throughout the life-cycle of the project.
- Coordinates with internal departments as it relates to Virtual Construction, including Pursuits, Pre-Construction, Corporate Resources, Operations, and Site Operations.
- Works alongside project teams to understand RFP requirements, project deliverables, client expectations, and governing building codes/standards in order to create, maintain, and deliver reliable and compliant BIM designs.
- Establishes and maintains detailed modeling requirements for the integration of project schedules, estimating, clash analysis and as otherwise necessary to allow for the accurate creation of BIM designs consistent with project criteria, training direct reports to maintain day-to-day VDC program.
- Leads the improvement of BIM/VDC standards, training and execution across Virtual Construction.
- Supports project teams with laser scanning, 3D capture, drone capture, 3D printing and any other design-related coordination.
- Evaluates new technology and develops updates to ensure HITT remains current and in-line with industry standards and trends.
- Understands on-site construction documents, including plans, specifications, shop drawings, as-built drawings, submittals, pay applications, waivers, RFIs, directories, etc
- Takes responsibility and leadership of Virtual Construction for assigned projects.
- Creates and maintains goals/objectives consistent with HITT standards and relating to BIM/VDC workflows, industry best-practices, technology, methodology, QA/QC, and value proposition.
- Serves as a single point-of-contact and subject matter expert for all things VDC/BIM.
- Grows the Virtual Construction department and increases the adoption of VDC/BIM across HITT projects.
- Collaborates with other internal departments to better understand, improve and streamline VDC processes.
- Trains direct reports on the use of modeling information, including digital designs, surveys, clash detection, scheduling animation, model navigation, takeoffs, virtual walk-throughs, and as a resource for subcontractor and/or owner meetings.
- Bachelor's degree in relevant field (Construction Management, Building Science, Engineering, Architecture) or equivalent experience
- 6+ years of professional experience in design, drafting, engineering.
- At least 3 years of experience as a BIM/VDC Manager, or equivalent.
- Proficient in understanding construction documents, shop drawings, and other design communication tools.
- Proficient in Revit, Navisworks, SketchUp, and Microsoft Office
- Working knowledge of Synchro Pro, Adobe CC, Bluebeam, Procore, and Primavera P6.
- Working knowledge of laser scanners and 3D capture Drones and 3D printing a plus.
HITT Contracting Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer - Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
This job has expired.