The Vice President, Commercial, Oncology Franchise is responsible for providing the strategic and operational direction to a matrix sales team aligned to growing the $1B Oncology book of business in all customer channels. Responsible for hitting revenue and volume targets by region and nationally.
- Work effectively from the center and across the enterprise with the goal of achieving budgeted growth targets for the Oncology business.
- Develop strategies and execute enterprise plans to identify and close profitable growth opportunities with customers who provide professional services in the Oncology field.
- Participate with the leadership of Advanced Diagnostics on all enterprise growth strategies and with new or enhanced product and service offerings.
- Partner with the Oncology Clinical Franchise to provide insights on the Oncology market, challenges and opportunities.
- Partner with leaders of AmeriPath and DermDiagnostics to develop growth strategies for selling into those professional service organizations.
- Manage Executive Sales Directors (directly) and Account Executives (indirectly) for Oncology, Genomics, Dermatopathology and Anatomic Pathology.
- Collaborate with Commercial Regional Vice Presidents and their teams to develop growth strategies and to identify opportunities at the regional level.
- Collaborate with the Specialty Sales Director team to align strategies and tactics between the Oncology Franchise and the Commercial specialty sales organization.
- Direct the sales integration of Oncology-specific acquisitions and strategic partnerships.
- Ensures accurate forecasts and pipelines through reliable processes enabled by Salesforce.com, market and competitive data and trends.
- Develop effective relationships with key executives and clinicians in targeted opportunities to engage them in discussions about the Quest value proposition.
- Achieve Oncology Revenue and OM targets; grow share.
- Develop accurate forecasts; strength of pipeline; execution of strategic plans.
- Collaboration with internal partners, e.g.: Advanced Diagnostics, Clinical Franchises, AmeriPath and Medfusion.
QUALIFICATIONS Required Work Experience:
Preferred Work Experience:
- Ten or more years commercial experience in diagnostics, medical device or related healthcare areas.
- Extensive experience in sales, sales management, marketing and business development.
- Track record of growing volume, revenue and price for products and services.
- History of roles requiring relationships with C-Suite healthcare personnel.
- Experience working in a matrix organization with enterprise-wide responsibility.
Physical and Mental Requirements:
- Sales leadership in Oncology specialty laboratory, start-up or high-reputation diagnostics company.
- Long periods sitting, working at computer, paying attention to detail, traveling.
- In-vitro diagnostic and clinical laboratory reference testing services.
- Esoteric, molecular and genomic testing in the Oncology specialty as evaluated by an Oncology MD specialist.
- Strategic planning, sales, marketing and business development processes.
- Medical billing, managed care, government payors.
- Sales processes.
- Creating a vision.
- Leading teams and developing people.
- Translating complex medical terms for different audiences.