At Materion, everyone is included, respected and offered opportunity to grow. Join us!
Under the direction of the Hourly Supervisor, the Warehouse - Shipper processes and inspects all incoming and outgoing materials according to established procedures and applicable regulations.
- Determine appropriate packaging according to customer and carrier specifications and regulations.
- Ensure outgoing customer parts correspond with weigh-in log, weigh crates, and check item numbers, lot number, quantity, and special packaging.
- Determine appropriate documentation and enter information into UPS/Fed Ex Software or any other required software programs.
- Perform SAP transactions, including shipping and receiving.
- Safely handle and transport hazardous materials per established procedures.
- Receive deliveries of operating supplies, including chemicals, and deliver to internal storage locations.
- Operate pallet jacks and forklift.
- Drive company truck to/from offsite warehouse.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Valid NYS Drivers License required.
- Related experience/training processing shipments preferred.
- Fed-Ex, UPS computer shipping systems experience preferred.
- Good computer skills required [knowledge of SAP, Microsoft Office etc.].
The selection of the person to be hired for this position is contingent on the candidate having export compliance eligibility for access to U.S. controlled technology which comes under the licensing jurisdiction of the U.S. Department of State, International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) and the U.S. Department of Commerce, Export Administration Regulations (EAR).
The candidate selected will have to qualify as either a U.S. citizen, a U.S. National, a lawful permanent resident of the U.S., a Person Admitted into the U.S. as an Asylee or Refugee., a National of a country that is not prohibited from having access to U.S. controlled technology (via a letter of assurance), or a Person to be approved for an export license by the governing agency whose technology comes under its jurisdiction.