The end client is unable to sponsor or transfer visas for this position; all parties authorized to work in the US without sponsorship are encouraged to apply.
An American Company is seeking a Windows Engineer (MSI, WMI, InstallScript) in Trenton, NJ.
• Design and create new Installers and deployment framework based on requirements.
• Maintain existing Installer frameworks and enhance per requirements.
• Create, deploy, test, and deliver builds and installers to QA and clients.
• Troubleshoot and resolve escalated installation related issues for internal and external clients
• Assist our clients and internal stakeholders with deployment challenges related to networking and security concepts such as connectivity, permissions, authorizations, encryption and signing certificates, as well as cipher suites.
• Apply configuration management practices to assure traceability and quality
• Should be able to communicate technical concepts effectively verbally and in writing
Skills & Requirements
• Bachelor degree in Computer Science or Information Technology field preferred.
• Design and development of Installers based on requirements utilizing MSI, WMI, and InstallScript with at least 6 years of experience in this area
• Knowledge on deployment methodologies and techniques related to full installations, upgrades, service packs, patches, and hotfixes
• Good understanding of windows OS'es (Windows 2012 Server or higher, Windows 10)
• Good understanding of windows registries.
• Good knowledge of IIS administration and website deployment.
• Good knowledge on windows networking principles
• Good knowledge on windows security principles.
• Troubleshooting and debugging Installation issues
• Expert level knowledge in continuous Integration, delivery and deployment process.
• Experience with automation tools like Ant, Maven, Ansible for software build and deployment
• Working knowledge of any of the latest InstallShield versions.
• Experience with the use of TFS is desirable, however a candidate familiar with other source control tools such as Perforce, ClearCase, PVCS, GitHub or comparable systems should be able to apply that knowledge
• Familiar with the use of defect tracking systems. Our chosen system is TFS' Work Item Tracking; however a candidate familiar with Rational ClearQuest, BugZilla, devtrack, JIRA or comparable systems should be able to apply that knowledge.
• Experienced with scripting languages (Powershell,VbScript).
• Experienced with Ansible (automation tool) to automate the process of deploying/testing the new build in each environment, setting up a new node and configuring machines/servers.
• Created Ansible playbooks to automatically install packages from a repository, to change the configuration of remotely configured machines and to deploy new builds, and configure the Ansible playbooks with Ansible Tower.
You will be working with a professional recruiter who has intimate knowledge of the Information Technology industry and market trends . Your Hays recruiter will lead you through a thorough screening process in order to understand your skills, experience, needs, and drivers. You will also get support on resume writing, interview tips, and career planning, so when there's a position you really want, you're fully prepared to get it.
Additionally, this position is a contract role where Hays offers you the opportunity to enroll in full medical, dental or vision benefits.
• Life Insurance ($20,000 benefit)
Nervous about an upcoming interview? Unsure how to write a new resume?
Visit the Hays Career Advice section to learn top tips to help you stand out from the crowd when job hunting.
Hays is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Drug testing may be required; please contact a recruiter for more information. #1123350