Please review the details for the position before applying for the opening. If you are an internal employee, please apply through the internal portal on Workday. You should have your completed resume/cv and cover letter ready to upload. You should upload both documents on the third page (the required section is named resume/cv - this is also where you should upload your cover letter). These documents should either be in a PDF format (.pdf) or a Word document (.doc) format.
Job Posting Title
WZLY Station Engineer
Job Description Summary
The WZLY Station Engineer is responsible for the monitoring and operation of all Wellesley College Radio (WZLY) on-air broadcast and studio systems, while ensuring our high standards of air product continuity and over-the-air service to the WZLY listening audience. As the Station Engineer, you will use your experience and knowledge to resolve all Broadcast related technical issues from the Station in Schneider Hall at Wellesley College.
- Hours will be 8 per week from February 6th to May 11th, with the position to resume for the Fall semester. Fall semester schedule TBD.
- Work with the WZLY Executive Board and the Office of Student Involvement to
ensure that a high-quality broadcast is provided to the station's listeners.
- Perform weekly preventative maintenance checks of recording broadcast
equipment. Complete maintenance within the scope of knowledge and capabilities
when necessary. Assist in updating recording-related hardware and software.
- Assist in the replacement, installation, and troubleshooting of new and broadcast
equipment, as needed. Assist in recommendations and specifications for the
purchase of new recording equipment.
Skills and Abilities
- A minimum of 1 year of Radio Master Control experience or related technical
broadcast engineering environment
- A familiarity with Telos Alliance products and Axia mixes consoles.
- Knowledge of FCC rules regarding AM and FM transmission and demonstrated
experience with standard audio engineering practices
- Recording or broadcast studio and technology experience and an understanding
of radio broadcast production and operation
- Ability to manage and prioritize work and remain calm in stressful and fast-paced situations.
- Ability to provide clear and concise communication to management, co-workers, and external contacts and to work with minimal supervision with these stakeholders.
- Ability to make quick decisions and recover from technical problems promptly
- Affinity for College Radio and independent broadcasting is a major plus!
- All employees hired after August 2, 2021 are required to upload proof of vaccination and booster against COVID-19, subject to approved medical or religious exemptions or disability accommodations.
Part timeEEO StatementAt Wellesley, we embrace and honor difference and diversity. We believe the best ideas-the best solutions-draw on a range of voices, perspectives, and experiences. As a college, and as a community, we are dedicated to assuring that all members for the Wellesley community have an equal opportunity to flourish. Wellesley College is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we are committed to increasing the diversity of the college community and the curriculum. Wellesley College and all its subcontractors shall abide by the requirements of 41 CFR 60-1.4(a), 60-300.5(a) and 60-741.5(a). These regulations prohibit discrimination against qualified individuals based on their status as protected veterans or individuals with disabilities, and prohibit discrimination against all individuals based on their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or national origin. Moreover, these regulations require that Wellesley College and all of its subcontractors take affirmative action to employ and advance in employment individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or veteran status. Candidates who believe they can contribute to that goal are encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.