If you are a current Staff, Faculty or Temporary employee at the University of Miami, please click here to log in to Workday to use the internal application process. To learn how to apply for a faculty or staff position using the Career worklet, please review this tip sheet.
The Frost Institute for Data Science and Computing (IDSC) seeks an XR Programmer to assist in the creation and modification of new virtual spaces for the BPEIverse and any other UM metaverses.
CORE JOB FUNCTIONS
This list of duties and responsibilities is not intended to be all-inclusive and may be expanded to include other duties or responsibilities as necessary.CORE QUALIFICATIONS Education:
- Assists in the creation and modification of new virtual spaces for the BPEIverse and any other UM metaverses.
- Creates 3D models for items requested for the metaverses, as needed.
- Meets frequently with BPEI contacts to gather feedback, outline tasks, and ultimately implement their vision for their virtual medical campus.
- Maintain documentation with processes related to creating new metaverse spaces.
Bachelor's Degree in relevant fieldExperience:
Minimum 2 years of relevant experience working in the metaverse. Experience uploading custom content to the ENGAGE platform. Considerable experience with VR and VR interaction/movement metaphors. Any appropriate combination of experience and/or certifications may be considered.Knowledge, Skills and Attitudes:
- Deep familiarity with Rhino and Revit
- Demonstrated familiarity with converting physical spaces to virtual 3D models
- Demonstrated familiarity with the Unity game engine
- Demonstrated familiarity with the ENGAGE platform
- Interpersonal skills
The University of Miami is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities are encouraged to apply. Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.Job Status:
Full timeEmployee Type:
This job has expired.